Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Lunch!

Time to think about how our lunches are affecting the environment. My friends and I often pack our own lunches and bring them to school. My lunch goes in a reusable plastic box and if I wrap the individual items I use paper towels that I can compost when I get home. I tend not to have individually wrapped items. My brother and I usually choose what we want in our lunches on the weekends and pick up a box of brownies or cookies while grocery shopping or make something (my brother made snickerdoodles today). We also both have reusable water bottles that we use every day, so our lunches are generally trash-free.

Think about it. What do you pack in your lunch every day? Could you be any less wasteful? Do you use a new paper or plastic bag everyday, and throw everything away? If you do, it could be worth investing in a decent lunch bag or even just a sturdy reusable plastic box. I try my best to be trash free every day, but sometimes I walk past something in a store that I have a weakness for and will buy and individually wrapped something as a treat. I know I do it, and I try really hard to be waste free as much of the time as possible. It's really easy to do, and I bet it wouldn't be hard to try it.

Have fun with your trash free lunches!

No comments:

Post a Comment