Friday, October 15, 2010

Pester Power

I already know that you read the title of this post and were confused and hopefully intrigued. When I was in the 4th grade, my teacher told us we should use Pester Power to make our families go green. What is Pester Power? Its when you bug people, usually your parents, to do something, which in this case was to recycle, compost, reuse, and the like. We were taught to bug our parents about being more eco-friendly every minute of every day so we could be more eco-friendly.

Pester Power is fine for 8-year-old kids, but as we grow up we can't be relying on our parents to make our whole families be green. We have to start taking responsibility, because how much of it do our parents really control? We have to do our part, not just leave it to our parents.

Going green isn't someone else's problem, its our problem. So tell me, what can you do? Not your parents, YOU. I'd be interested to know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Beth, I LOVE that you remember 'Pester Power'! :)
    And you're quite right, that as you grow up you need to be setting the example to your parents, friends and community by being eco-friendly yourself. I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete